We are hiring a full-time Executive Director to lead the local chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization, also known as EO Southeast Virginia.
Your objectives will be:
- Increase the membership size and influence of the chapter within the Hampton Roads community.
- Maintain consistent and direct communications with each member of the chapter.
- Actively recruit new members, in person and at multiple networking and business events each week.
- Organize all aspects of chapter events.
- Coordinate with the President and the Board of Directors.
- Perform the administrative duties required to schedule and help conduct monthly board meetings.
- Coordinate with chapter professional services partners (ex: accountant, marketing agency, etc).
- Support each board member in the performance of their individual duties.
- Responsible for all aspects of chapter administration and governance.
- Provide all actions, assistance, and execution required for consistent operations and continuity of the chapter during transitions of a chair from one board member to another.
- Liaise between our local chapter, other EO chapters, and EO Global.
- Actively seek media exposure for the chapter, its members, and member companies.
You will report to the President but will serve at the discretion of the Board of Directors which is formed by volunteer members. You will be ultimately responsible for each chairperson’s responsibilities and the overall success and performance of the chapter.
You must be willing to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends. This position is expected to work 40 hours per week, with availability to members and board members after hours as needed. You must promptly reply to emails, phone calls, and other communications throughout the week.
You will frequently attend in-person meetings at venues on the Southside. For EO events, you will be fully responsible for acquiring a venue, coordinating with vendors, setup/breakdown as needed, and other logistics for the events and meetings such as notifying members and other stakeholders and scheduling the event on the EO portal.
Must possess strong office management skills, have a high level of computer and office proficiency, and have the ability to organize raw data in spreadsheets into actionable insights. Most importantly, you will be the communications backbone of the chapter, ensuring that all stakeholders are briefed on chapter activities on an ongoing basis.
About EO Southeast Virginia
Founded in 1987, Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) is a global peer network of 13,000+ entrepreneurs in more than 190 chapters and 60 countries. Members participate in global networking events, executive education programs, leadership-development programs, peer-to-peer support and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
EO Southeast Virginia (EOSEVA) is a chapter of EO. Formed by 60+ members, each member is an owner or founder of a company with $1+ million in revenue. Although the chapter covers all of Southeast Virginia, the overwhelming majority of current activities are on the Southside of Hampton Roads, VA.
The chapter is run by a volunteer board of directors made up of the membership, and currently, with a part-time Executive Director, the board is looking to more firmly establish itself in the Hampton Roads entrepreneurial and business community by hiring a full-time Executive Director paid as an independent contractor.